A short time ago Hummingbird Retreat Peru invited our readers to share their personal experiences with San Pedro ceremonies. This sharing gives you the opportunity to hear about a variety of transformational and healing experiences people encounter with the medicine and a greater understanding of how this work could change your life.
Some of our friends have experienced their ceremonies with other facilitators as in the following offering from Donna, the second in our series.
I took San Pedro in Peru with Shaman in 2010.
Before entering into the experience I asked the universe to show me the next step for humanity. I had visions and an altered state for around 7 hrs. The majority of my visions were of the amazon. I was not just connected but actually the plants, flowers, birds, air, water, earth and sky.
The vision showed me that I already know the answer to my question …. I am the answer, we are all the answer. We need to look inside not outside. We need to release our fears, judgements and hurts, one at a time and accept each for being as they are. Above all else trust ourselves!
Donna Morrison – Australia
A short time ago Hummingbird Retreat Peru invited our readers to share their personal experiences with San Pedro ceremonies. This sharing will give you the opportunity to hear about a variety of transformational and healing experiences people encounter with the medicine and a greater understanding of how this work could change your life.
Today we begin the first of the series with Bobbie’s offering.
Paul told me 3 things would happen when drinking San Pedro…..
Firstly, my life would never be the same.
Understatement!! Since working with Paul and Sue and the sacred San Pedro I have connected with and opened my heart to a level I could not have dreamt. I no longer carry the heavy burdens of fear and negativity, this gives me a freedom I had never felt before.
Not only did I heal deep, painful and long held family issues, my relationship with my father is not only repaired it is growing into the deep loving relationship I’ve longed for all my life, this is a wonderful gift.
Also after 30yrs of no contact with my mum, thankfully just before she died, I got to tell her how much love I have for her and to thank her for the precious gift of my life. I believe working with San Pedro paved the path for these things to happen
Secondly, you will make a connection with the people you drink with.
I met some truly wonderful people while working with the medicine, a lot of them way outside of my normal peer group. Feel very blessed that many of these people are still in my life and we share a lot of love and support still today. Even the people I found challenging all taught and or showed me something. I am truly grateful to each and everyone of them.
Thirdly, the journey is never over.
This fills me with deep gratitude and happiness as my path has never felt so beautiful as it is today. Even saying that feels good! There are times when the going gets tough and my mind tries to play the old games that I used to allow it. But working with San Pedro I now have the tools and wisdom to bring myself back into my heart space to see and feel the real reality. This is still work in progress but it gets easier all the time.
My gratitude to Paul and Sue will be eternal. For all their love and support. For creating the safe, peaceful and beautiful place that is Hummingbird Retreat and for so generously sharing it . For bringing the spirit and wisdom of the Sacred San Pedro not just to me but many others.
Bobbie Thacker – UK
We would love to hear about your experience of working with this amazing plant medicine and we are sure our subscribers would love to also. If you feel like sharing please send us a short article describing your experience of working with this medicine; a ceremony that was special to you or how the medicine has changed your life and world. Feel free to sign off with your first name and country and with consent, we will enjoy publishing them on our blog.
Send to email@example.com
Working with sacred plant medicines is such a different experience for most of us, it can be useful to prepare oneself before encountering the medicine. This path can be hard work, but the healing, learning and growth can also be enormous. The medicine often shows us things about ourselves that we do not want to know or accept; but in the end we are the lucky ones, we have the opportunity to explore the last frontier – who we really are.
- FOOD – San Pedro, unlike Ahayuasca does not have so many restrictions regarding food; eating lots of fatty food, animal protein, alcohol the day before will not support you during the ceremony. Foods that are light, organic and clean for the body are the way to go. It can be helpful to go through a program of clearing out the body before meeting the medicine.
- STUFF – Letting go of the things that no longer work in your life. You know inside what these things are. It may be that you collect ‘stuff’, or a job that is way past it’s use-by date, or a myriad of other things. This accumulated material all helps to weigh you down and make it difficult to move forward and live your life.
- FEAR – Acknowledge your fears. We all hold fears inside of us, it is part of being human and, if worked with, can be a path to growth and freedom. It takes courage to come to the medicine with our fears and to trust a plant to assist us to heal them. This medicine is a master at healing emotions and pain on the emotional levels.
- RESPECT – Come to the medicine with an attitude of respect; respecting the medicine, the other people with you, and yourself.
- TRUST – Work on your relationship with trust. If you trust the medicine and yourself your journey will be much easier. Know that you do not know what is going to happen, but that it has the potential to change your life.
- LET GO – Your job is to let go and be open; the medicine will do the work. So practice in your daily life and it will not be so difficult.
Lastly honor yourself and the fact that you have the courage to meet yourself in this way and have a wonder-filled experience.
Sue & Paul